Color: High Gloss Piano Black
- The R900 features a 5.25 inch Uni-Q driver array, which consists of both mid-and-high-frequency drivers. The purpose of the array is to have both frequencies coming from the same place, allowing them to integrate perfectly and create a convincingly natural sound.
- The R900 floorstanding speaker also features two 8 inch low-frequency drivers above and below the Uni-Q array, which ensures a clean, deep and uncompressed bass output with superb dynamics.
- The R900 sits on an aluminum plate supported by four steel "plinth" spikes with locking knobs for easy height adjustment. The plinths also serve to ground the R900, resulting in a rigid connection that eliminates any rocking resonances.
- Our 'tangerine' waveguide technology helps to disperse the higher frequencies produced by the R900 evenly across a wider angle to flood your listening room with an intricate and refreshingly natural soundfield.
- The R900 pairs perfectly with the rest of our R Series home theater speakers, from center channels to subwoofers, to create a three-dimensional soundstage that makes movies and television sound that much more believable.
Release Date: 16-10-2015
Details: Sitting at the top of our R Series is the KEF R900, and it's the top of the line for good reason. With twin 8 inch low-frequency drivers positioned perfectly above and below our remarkably sweet and accurate latest generation Uni-Q driver array, the R900 floorstanding speaker ensures a massive sound sure to enliven any room. The R900's cabinet was constructed specifically not to color your audio, thus ensuring your listening experience be as true to the recordings being played as humanly possible. The R900 features a 5.25 inch Uni-Q driver array with a 1 inch aluminum dome tweeter at its acoustic center. This Uni-Q driver array offers an especially articulated high-end response, thanks to a large neodymium magnet and a computer-optimized dome structure so stiff that it operates pistonically over its entire working range. On top of all that, our 'tangerine' waveguide ensures a wide and even dispersion without interference between the high-frequency and mid-frequency drivers. The R900 bookshelf speaker also features two 8 inch low-frequency drivers both above and below the Uni-Q array, which feature massive vented magnet assemblies and large, lightweight aluminium voice coils driving an inner hybrid cone each. This setup ensures a clean, deep and uncompressed bass output with superb dynamics. Whether you make the R900 an integral part of your home theater system, or a dedicated music speaker, you'll hear your audio like you've never heard it before.
Package Dimensions: 51.5 x 36.5 x 14.5 inches